Pho-to-bomb (verb) [foh-toh-bom] – The act of ruining someone’s photo by appearing in it without their knowledge.
Larry photobombed Dennis’s reunion picture by standing on a stool, taking out his sack, and letting it dangle near Dennis’s ear.
Photobombing has been around for hundreds of years. The first known photobomb took place in the late 5th century when Lord Percival of Port Westenshire, a known prankster and scalawag, decided to don a funny face and spend 6 hours lurking behind an in-progress portrait of King Arthur.
Both Percy and the artist were beheaded.
But not all photobombs have such dire endings. In fact, most of the photobombers in the pictures below were probably NOT killed for their actions.
So you’re free to enjoy the 25 best photobombs of all time with a un-guilty conscience.
2. Upping the difficulty level
3. Historical photobomb
4. Cat on cat
5. Cat on human
6. Dog on human
7. Dog on dog
8. Ostrich on human, alpaca, and sheep/goat(?)
9. The rare self-bomb
10. I have no idea what’s going on here
11. Love bomb
13. Wedding bomb
14. Pigeon says fuck your picture, Waldo
15. Celebrities are not above this kind of thing
16. I don’t think this could be more American
17. She’s cute, I’m going to message her! Oh wait she’s probably murdered.
18. The logistics behind this are baffling
19. Little sisters, amirite?
20. She’s counting the number of stupid hats in the picture.
21. More dog on human
22. 30 seconds before a vicious beating
23. “Is there something behind us? I feel like there’s something behind us.”
24. Jesus takes his revenge
All pictures via imgur.com
For more from Matt…