- This year’s Super Bowl features the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots, two teams that have never played a single game of football.
- In their famous 1985 “Super Bowl Shuffle” music video, the Chicago Bears were played by Chuck E. Cheese robots.
- The Buffalo Bills appeared in four straight Super Bowls in the 1990s and to this day have not apologized.
- Although they are commonly called “pigskins”, footballs are not made from pig hides. They are, however, filled with pig intestines, organs and feces.
- The first Super Bowl took place between 1861 and 1865. Pitting the northern United States vs. the south, this “civil war” cost the lives of over 600,000 men—more than all other Super Bowls combined.
- By the year 2025, experts believe all Super Bowls will be played in the nude.
- In Super Bowl III, Joe Namath famously predicted his underdog New York Jets would upset the favored Baltimore Colts. And then, in a puff of smoke, he vanished, never to be seen again.
- The Super Bowl has fallen on my birthday twice in history but none of you jerks bothered to tell me.
- The annual Super Bowl halftime show is the leading cause of suicide in the United States.
- Despite four Super Bowl victories, the Green Bay Packers still have a weird name.
- The New England Patriots, who have appeared in a record eight Super Bowls, were originally founded by ghosts.
- The 2006 Super Bowl took place in Detroit. Just think about that for a minute.
- Record-setting quarterback Peyton Manning has led two different teams, the Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos, to the Super Bowl but has still never known the love of a woman.
Paul Merrill lives in Seattle, former home of his beloved SuperSonics and current origin of his tweets.